Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Summer Socks!

I love how these socks look.





They are Tennarisukka ankle socks; the pattern is a free Ravelry download which I knit up in Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn. This is probably why I love how these socks look. Isn't the colorway beautiful and fun?




But the yarn itself is kind of scratchy. I think they will definitely exfoliate my feet when I wear them.

The yarn wasn't scratchy enough that I didn't like knitting with it, but these socks definitely don't feel buttery soft. The yarn is much less springy than other sock yarns I've used and has little in the way of give. I think that this may be my one and only pair of Noro socks. I'll have to make the other colorway I have at home into a stuffed animal. Wouldn't that be fun?

As for the pattern, it was very easy and satisfying. I think it makes a nice looking sock with minimal effort or skill; the pattern is entirely knit and purl stitches. It was a winner for my first pair of back to work/back to commuting socks.


And now I am back in the swing of sock knitting and commuting. Sort of. At least that's what I tell myself.

How do you get back into the swing of sewing or knitting after a hiatus?

No comments: