Thursday, April 4, 2013

Clio is away :( Hippo comes out to play! :)

Clio has left the cold East Coast for the relative warmth of SF and Phin has a hopeless case of writers block/brain cramp, so I (currently known as Phin's Hippo) have decided to make a brief cameo. :)

  
WazzzUp! Hipp-o hooray, ho, hey ho!

Quick bio:  I'm 8 inches tall, 9.9 oz (fully stuffed!) and very soft (pleasing blue shade of merino wool) .  Likes:  Game of Thrones - especially the dragons! - The Walking Dead, and really bad creature/weather/disaster features on the SyFy Network. My favorite song is Hipp-o Hooray, by Naughty By Nature, although they sometimes change the words for main stream audiences.


Nothing like a little TV to pass the time


Dislikes:  None yet, but I'm still searching!


Where are those Dragons?  This Game of Thrones is sooo confusing!

Did I mention I like Dragons!  Wonder if that Daenerys girl could spare one?  Hmm, maybe Clio could make one? Oh, the possibilities!


 
Just hangin with my buds, the Trample Herd, and waitin' for Clio

BTW:  We really wish a Cow (preferably a Holstein) would join our little crew.  We think it would be very smart of Clio (hint, hint) to order extra yarn for the next baby gift that she'll be making (nephew-to-be due around Labor Day), and maybe make a pair of black socks for Phin while she's at it from the extra yarn from the cow's spots.

Anyway, thanks for having us! Have a great weekend and Clio will return to her usual programming shortly.

PS - She decided to chime in below:

The knitting details (from Clio): This is yet another stuffie from Susan B Anderson's Itty Bitty Toys book. It's from the section on what to do with leftover sock yarn (heavens knows I have plenty of it!) What is interesting about this pattern is that you actually hold 2 strands of fingering yarn together and knit on size 5dpns. It took a little adjusting, but worked really well. This is a self-striping wool from Knitpicks, but my mind is now all lit up with ideas on combining two different colors to get an interesting effect. Other than that, this was a very easy project and knit up quickly. It seems that Phin and his Hippo have big plans for my knitting projects, although Phin has cleverly avoided blogging by making Hippo do it. Sigh. Have a great weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

Clio said...

I am totally in awe of your itty bitty knit toys!

Clio said...

So cute Hippo!!!

Clio said...

Thanks! Ironic that I seem to have a talent for non-wearable knits. LOL But I'm really having fun making little creatures. C'est la vie!

Clio said...

HAHA! Love that guy - he sounds a bit like my husband, espicially when it comes to TV show preferences.

Clio said...

Ha! Yes, the Hippo's taste in tv is clearly influenced by Phin...

Clio said...

Lol.. He is sweet x

Clio said...

Darling Hippo, If Phin really loves you, he will make you a little dragon costume cape with spikey spines down the back. And try not to watch too much TV, because it will turn your brain to, umm- stuffing. thanks for posting!

Clio said...

He he he. So true. He needs a dragon costume...

Clio said...

This book has a great cow. http://www.amazon.com/Knitted-Farm-Animals-Easy-Knit/dp/0823085945 I have also made the hippo and elepantes. Need to make the giraffe, I even have the yarn for it.

Clio said...

I love the hippo!! I am going to have to learn how to knit socks so I can have some leftover yarn :)

Clio said...

Ha! I think that is a bit backward, but I certainly applaud the intention. Socks aren't really that hard.