Monday, September 14, 2009

Showers of Love

What can I say? I am exhausted, but happy. The showers for Polyhymnia and Dr Kiang this weekend were each a huge success. Here are a few photos from Polyhymnia's Rubber Duckie Themed Baby Shower.

Duckies in a bubble bath centerpieces (compliments of your's truly).
They looked even better in person, I think.


The most awesome of all diaper cakes, made by Erato.

Terp and Erato decorated this chair, and in the background you can see the longest clothesline of baby clothing ever made (by Poly's sisters-in-law, Jenny and Holly). That big blow-up duck on the table in the background is holding the favors - rubber duckie soaps.

The Muses (LtoR: Erato, me, Mom Muse, Polyhymnia, Calliope, Terpischore and Orpheus)


Poly, opening my gift!

I'm really happy with how the diaper bag came. I think it really looks good! As for the shower, the muses really worked hard and in the end, it all fell into place beautifully. I'm sad to say that I don't have a picture of a few other cute touches like the place cards which were decorated with storks by Calliope and the table with favors. It was a fun day! I can't wait until my new nephew arrives!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shower looked amazing! What a great idea re: the clotheslines. What an awesome picture of the muses!

Where was the shower held?

Mar-Mar

Sarah & John said...

The diaper bag totally matches her shirt. I didn't notice on Saturday.

Clio said...

Hi Mar - The shower was at the Knights of Columbus (Poly's father-in-law is a "Knight").

LOL - For whatever reason, I feel like I always pick fabrics really well for Poly - I'll see a fabric and just know that it suits her taste. I find choosing fabric for others to be much more difficult.

Anonymous said...

Do you know where the crystals for the necklaces came from for Dr. Kiang's shower? I have worn mine to work Monday and today and have gotten many compliments on it and requests to find out where the crystals came from.

Thanks!
Mar-Mar