Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekend Crafting: So many projects, so little time!

I am trying to psych myself up for a weekend of craftiness. I'm not sure how far I will get, but here are the projects/tasks that I have to choose from (in no particular order).
  1. Maxi dress - trace/cut pattern and lay out pattern on fabric.
  2. Tank top - trace/cut pattern and lay out. I've had this in my to do pile for a while. I've been wanting to work with more knits and it would be good to have a TNT tank top pattern that I could add different kinds of embellishments to. I plan on making pattern D (worn by the girl on the cover) in black jersey
  3. Summer Pants for Magenta - true the pattern that I made last year and prep fabric
  4. Phineas' shirt - buttons and buttonholes. It is going to be snug on him. But since he has decided that he is going to trim down a bit, it may fit very soon. Anyway, at least it will be out of the "to do" pile
  5. New pants sloper - At some point this weekend, I have to have Phineas take careful measurements of me so that I can get to work on a new pants pattern. I bought a roll of enormous graph paper for the job. And, once I get a good pants pattern, I have any number of great fabrics to turn into pants for myself.
  6. "Editing" - The pile of clothing that needs alterations has overtaken the rocking chair in the corner of my bedroom. Time to deal with it!
For most of my sewing "career", I've worked on one project at a time. But lately, I've been trying to have several projects in the works simultaneously. That way, I can group my tasks for maximum efficiency (ie. trace multiple patterns at once, cut several projects in one session, etc) and also, if I get stuck or frustrated on one project, I can work on another until I am ready to return to the first. The goal for this weekend is to get these projects started so that I will have things to work on over the next few weeks.

No comments: