Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bigger than a Bread Box?

Mini Baguettes a la Phineas
For Christmas, Phineas received the cookbook Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day as well as a baguette pan and some other baking paraphernalia. He is a bread lover and had wanted the book for some time.

So, I was thrilled last night when I arrived home to a very yeasty aroma in the kitchen. Bread dough rising. Then, midway thru the morning today, he sent me this photo of his mini baguettes. They are about 1/3 whole wheat flour and the rest white flour.

Phineas has already eaten one for lunch. I am getting hungry just looking at it...


Anyway, he reports that the crust and flavor was good, but that he needs to tinker with the cooking time. Since this is only about 1/4 of the dough, I am sure that there will be more loaves - and posts - to come.

1 comment:

Phineas said...

sandwich: aforementioned baguette, slow-roasted tomatoes with garlic, roast beef, swiss and lettuce