Thursday, December 11, 2008

Can't Believe I Didn't Post about this Sooner!

I was going to call this post "Best Use of a Thanksgiving Leftover" but then I completely forgot to write the post. Or maybe it was my health-conscious side blocking out all memory of this tasty death-bomb.

Not Phineas' stuffing. But I forgot to take photos...

I never really gave much thought to what to do with leftover stuffing other than reheating it with leftover gravy. However, I was watching the Food Network during Thanksgiving week and was inspired by this recipe for "Stuffing Bites". I ask you: what could be better than fried bread? Nothing! So, while at my parents' house on the Saturday following Thanksgiving, I tossed their leftover stuffing with an egg, rolled it into balls, and breaded them. Phineas shallow fried the breaded stuffing balls until golden. They were insanely - perhaps even immorally - good.

Our other very excellent use for stuffing this year was to make a crust for a turkey pot pie. In fact, this was my only contribution to Phineas' excellent pot pie. We just patted a layer of stuffing into the bottom of a casserole dish (like you would do to a graham cracker crust) and then added the turkey and veggies in gravy on top, and then topped it all with leftover mashed potato. Mmmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! Too bad I am out of leftovers!

Mar-Mar

Anonymous said...

OMG that sounds insanely good