Friday, February 29, 2008

On Julia Child

It hasn't been a good week. A cold, combined with a heavy schedule at work and the departure of my assistant, have kept me out of the craft lounge, the kitchen and the yoga studio. But I did have some time to think about the great question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. So I'll end the week with this thought...

Julia Child didn't become interested in cooking until her mid-30's. She moved to Paris because of her husband's job and ultimately enrolled in Le Cordon Bleu, the famous French Culinary Institute. It wasn't until 1961, when she was almost 50, that her seminal cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, was published.

I find this inspiring. To me, it says that its never too late for a new hobby or passion; its never too late to challenge myself with something brand new and even excel at it. And also, it says that I can change my mind midstream and explore other sides of myself - sides I may not have discovered yet. And that is a refreshing thought for the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I needed that. Thanks.